Tuesday 23 February 2010

JOHN COOPER CLARKE


...LIVE AT THE STOCKPORT PLAZA!
The Salford Bard makes an appearence at the recently refurbished Stockport Plaza next Friday (5th March)


"I'll tell you now and I'll tell you firmly
I don't never want to go to Burnley
What they do there don't concern me
Why would anybody make the journey?
I'll tell you know and I'll tell you flatly
I don't never want to go to Gatley
I don't even want to go to Batley
Where is that place exactly
Do I wanna to go to Redditch?
I wouldn't visit in a souped-up sheddish
what am I some kind of Nebbish?
No I don't want to go to Reddish
I'll tell you now and I'll tell you briefley
I don't never want to go to Keighley
I'll tell you now, just like I told Elsa Lanchester
...I don't ever want to go to... Cumbernauld "




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.